Tuesday, February 8, 2011

iPhone 4, Verizon $199 vs $299

Apple iPhone - Prices of Verizon iPhone 4 $199 vs $299



With Verizon, they are offering the iphone for $199.99 (16 GB) and one for $299.99 (more GBs). In "1st grade" language, what would that mean for me. If the most important thing to me would be watching different clips and maybe even a Netflix movie, would the phone for $199.99 be okay?

At this point, I don't think I am interest in saving a lot of pictures, etc. Just wondered if I get one, which would be the best one to get. I'm sure the more that I learn about the phone, the more that I would want to do.

iPhone Verizon Apple iPhone Verizon They are indentical expect for storage space. Netflix / any streaming is only going to use a little space for the buffer. The main storage space is going to be what you sync from iTunes (music, movies, videos, books, and audio books you own and/or photo/video albums you take or import). Some people have iTunes libraries that are less than 10GB others have more than 100 GB and everything in between just as well some people want to carry days/weeks of music/movies around with them (larger the better) and others sync and/or rotate content often and would rather save the $100 difference and get the smaller capacity.

-----
Thanks for explaining where I could understand. I'm thinking the $199 would probably be enough for me. Still kinda wanting to wait until it's in the store. I want to see it and hold it and talk to someone about it. At this point, no one at the store here knows anything. Hope they get a little training soon.

-----
Now do you want it in black or white? Yes the white iPhone is almost here.

-----
Just get the 32GB. You won't regret.

-----
Some people, like me, have no need for that much storage. That would a waste of $100. I have a 16GB iPhone 4 with about 2GB of space used. Heck I didn't even fill up my 8GB iPhone 3G.

Just my $0.02

-----
The 32GB will be much easier to sell when you buy your next one.

-----

Perhaps, but can you receive the extra $100?

I know my iPhone 3G sold quite quickly on EBay and it was only 8Gb.

-----
I have the 32gig phone and said I would not upgrade until the 64 gig comes out. However, since then I found an online service called orb where you can stream music, pictures, movies and such from your home computer onto your iphone. This eliminates the need to sync and store everything on the iphone. Now I do not really need that iphone with larger storage space.

http://new.orb.com/

so to answer your question, unless you just want the space to store a lot of music, there is really no need for the larger gig phones.

-----
Simple rule of thumb when buying technology, buy all the memory you can afford. Especially when you can't add more.

I think you will be sorry if you get just 16Gb. I have a 32 Gb 3GS, and if they made a 64 Gb I would get it.

-----
I totally agree.

My previous phone (iPhone 3G) was a 16 GB, and I was ALWAYS right at "full".

When I got the iPhone 4, I was really hoping for a 64 GB version. Obviously, since they only had the 16 GB and 32 GB, I got the 32.

I still have only about half of my music on my iPhone. With 64 GB I could have all of it....

In my opinion, unless you absolutely, positively will not need the entire 16 GB, get a 32 GB. You won't be sorry later.

-----
My 3GS is 32 GB and it's still not enough so I use smart playlists to sync an amount that will fit (purely manual would be far too tedious). Of course, this is to give me choice; there's no way I can listen to that much when I'm out. Once committed to some sort of selection, I realised that 16 GB would probably have been plenty. I don't regret paying the extra for 32 GB but perhaps others might want to think exactly how they would use it.

My iTunes music totals about 270 GB (mostly Lossless), so it's unlikely ever to fit entirely.

-----
I was surprised that the iPhone 4 didn't have a 64 GB option. The iPod touch did. Maybe this year?

-----
I had 8GB and it was not nearly enough. My 4 has 32GB.

-----
I had a 16 GB 3GS and was always deleting videos, songs, etc to put new things on. When I upgraded to the 4, I went with the 32 GB and love it. It is worth the extra money for the extra space. I can't believe how many movies and TV shows I have on this iPhone and still have space.

-----
I, too, have a 32GB iPhone 4.

I have no videos or movies on it (I can't see why someone would want to watch Avatar on a tiny screen).

I have a few GB of music on it, and see no reason to have more.

I have a lot of space in podcasts, and that is almost all I listen to while driving around.

Everyone has different needs and desires....

No comments: