Sunday, February 20, 2011

Printer?

Apple iPhone - Printer?



An app on my 3Gs with iOS 4.2 running has an option to print pages. When I hit print it goes to searching for printers and returns nothing, even with a wireless printer that is also hard wired into the network. The app is Universalis.

iPhone printer
Apple iPhone Printer
Same thing for me.

-----
I think you have to turn on "Printer Sharing" on your Mac.

-----
Does anyone know if there is an app for printer with a personal computer and HP? My iPhone is synced with my Dell.

-----
if you have a newer hp eprinter it can work. If you have a wired printer you can use air print (there were directions given in this forum for creating a command to use on a PC.) I am away from my computer. When I get on it I think I have the instructions which I can post. The printer must be connected to the computer with air print active for this to work. when set up properly one can print from the phone. Hp also has an app in the app store but this works with e print newer printers.

-----
If you're using an HP printer try HP iPrint from the app store. It works with my HP printer.

-----
If your printer is hooked up to a Mac (USB, Ethernet, WiFi, etc) take a look at Printopia:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia/index.html

-----
This link should help you set up airprint. I made a shortcut on my desktop to the .exe file after installation so that air print doesn't have to run in the background. It worked great for me until I got a new eprinter so I don't use it much now.

http://jaxov.com/2010/11/how-to-enable-airprint-service-on-windows/

No comments: