Sunday, February 13, 2011

Complaints - repairs

Apple iPhone - Complaints - repairs



I have a complaints to share with fellow members - my iPhone was dropped by me n upon taking it to authorised service centre n calling on helpline - I was told that yr phone cannot be repaired by them as not under warranty. And I should get it repaired thru a third party. Apple does not have a repair policy. I was told that I could pay 10000/- n get refurbrished phone with a warranty of 90days.

Do u guys agree with this....After paying 31000/- n purchasing it thru airtel, one is now left in the open to fend for himself. Pl do respond.

iPhone Warranty
Apple iPhone Warranty
So: you did not read the warranty information before purchasing? That it was warranted for defects in materials and workmanship, but not for theft, loss, or breakage?

1. In the US there is at least one 3rd-party insurer that *does* cover breakage and water damage, although not theft or loss. Perhaps there is a company that does that where you are.

2. There are cases in the US where Apple has agreed to repair or replace because of breakage, for a price that is less than the new-product price, just as is the case there.

As for myself, I consider breakage to be my problem, not Apple's.

-----
Let me clarify things.

I presume you are in India.

You dropped your iPhone.


Yes. Most, if not all manufacturers void their products' warranties in cases as you mentioned (drop/break). Same with water damage. That's because it's not their fault.

That's why accessories for protection are everywhere.

No comments: