Monday, February 7, 2011

iphone 4, BB curve on Verizon

Apple iPhone - HELP!! Getting ready for new iPhone4 (from BB Curve) on Verizon



I'm excited to be finally getting the iPhone this week!!! Yes, I know...there may be another coming this summer...I'm still conflicted about waiting until then. But anyway, I made the jump and wanting to get everything moved over easily (hopefully). I have a few questions....

~~ I have a bunch of items in my Memo Pad and Bookmarks (web favorites) that I would like to transfer over to my iPhone. Do any of you know if this is possible and how?

~~ On my BB I have an app called "Beyond 411 Search" is there a similar iPhone app? Love this as it has saved me big$$ looking for phone #s -- would hate to lose!

~~ What are your favorite (and/or LEAST favorite) apps and/or accessories?

iPhone Verizon
Apple iPhone Verizon
If I had been able to to hold out another two months, I'd be in line for a Verizon iPhone. But I just couldn't stand the Accursed Blackberry any longer, plus RIM's last "do this to fix the problem" solution made things worse. So no new iPhone for me, but I still have an iPod Touch. (I had an iPhone with AT&T before their service where I live completely imploded.)

> ~~ I have a bunch of items in my Memo Pad and Bookmarks (web > favorites) that I would like to transfer over to my iPhone. Do any of you know if this is possible and how?

If you sync to Outlook, you can get your Memos into the iPhone
Memopad. Bookmarks, you may be out of luck. The built-in web browser
on the iPhone can sync bookmarks with Internet Explorer on the
desktop. This is with Windows, I don't know what it syncs with on a Mac.

> ~~ On my BB I have an app called "Beyond 411 Search" is there a similar iPhone app? Love this as it has saved me big$$ looking for phone #s -- would hate to lose!

I used to love White Pages on the iPhone, but I don't know if it's still any good. The current version for Android kinda sucks.

No comments: