Sunday, February 6, 2011

iTunes software connecting iPhone

Apple iPhone - Difficulty with iTunes software when connecting iPhone



I have an iPhone 3g and have been using it successfully for almost 2 years with iTunes on my Dell/Windows computer. Recently I upgraded to iTunes 10.1.2.17 and now I'm having problems when I connect the phone to the computer. The software runs fine on the computer but when I plug the phone in, it freezes or stops running altogether. Everything is disabled until I go into task manager and end iTunes.

AT&T has been no help whatsoever...although they did offer to sell me a newphone. The Apple store, so far is no help either, saying they don't support Windows software. Apple support has indicated that there will be a charge (and they don't say how much) for any help received online or by phone.

Anyone have any ideas on what's happening? Have you experienced similar problems and how did you solve them?

Interestingly enough, I also have an iPod Touch and syncing it to iTunes is no problem at all. Everything with it works fine.

iPhone iTunes
Apple iPhone iTunes
I am a Mac user, so I can't help you, but so the Windows users can help you, you're going to have to give them a little more information.

What iOS are you running on the iPhone 3G and on the iPod Touch? What version of Windows of are your running on the Dell and does it have all the current updates?

Since the cable seems to be ok, have you looked to see if there is anything in the 30-pin connector on the iPhone?

Have you tried re- downloading directly from Apple to the Dell and re-installing iTunes 10.1.2 for Windows? Where did you get the original download from and to what computer?

I have not clue if v 10.1.2.17 is the correct version for your Dell & OS version, since the ".17" is probably what says it is for 32 or 64-bit, XP SP2, Vista or 7. If you downloaded it to another Window machine and moved it to the Dell, it may be wrong. And since you have not given us the version you are running, I couldn't check it if I knew what that iTunes version was for.

No comments: