Friday, February 11, 2011

Headphones

Apple iPhone - Headphones



I'm not looking to spend 399.0 on Dr Dre's but I do have a problem with the stock earbuds falling out alot so I was wondering if anyone used a headphone that was a decent price that was good sounding?

iPhone Headphones
Apple iPhone Headphones
I have the Sennheiser MM60 (over the head headband) which include a mic, and the Sennehiser PMX 60 (behind the head headband) which do not include a mic.

I like them both. Good clear sound. I set the iPhone iPod EQ to Bass Boost if I am in the mood for Rock.

Separately I bought the Griffin mic extension cord for the PMX 60.

Both of these are discontinued, but there is an extensive collection to be seen at the Sennheiser website.

-----
Correction, the MM60 are not discontinued and are available here for $65:

http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=sennheiser+mm60

The PMX 60 may be discontinued but are available here for $58:

http://www.lacc.com/product.asp?pf_id=PMX60&gkw=PMX60&gad=CMmggM8DEggtbKcHVS-B1\
xiX_r3-AyCt79BM

-----
I have the Bose MIE2i headsets, $129.99 at Amazon.com. There are great! They come with 6 differant "tips" so you can find the most comfortable one.

-----
If "canalphones" (ones that go right in your ears and give good isolation from ambient sound) are OK, you won't get better value than the Sennheiser CX300. Look for the eco-packaged version at Amazon.

-----
I use Sennheiser PXC 450 with my iPod. They sound great and since they are noise cancelling I also use when them when I travel. I bought them on Ebay last year I think for about $250.00. My friend @ work swears by Shure earbuds SE 425/525 but they cost I think $400.00 +. I listened to them when he bought them and I was just amazed at the sound coming out of them. Concert like sound. They supposed to mold to your ear canal. Hope that helps.

-----
Other brands worth looking at if you are prepared to pay for quality are Ultimate Ears and Etymotic.

-----
I purchased Boise and wasn't happy in the long run until I got the Sony MDR-XB40EX

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=1055\
1&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665774382

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB40EX-13-5mm-Sensitivity-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24U0/r\ ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1297517941&sr=8-1

The sound is unbelievable and you shouldn't have to worry about them falling out.

-----
the problem with ear buds is they wont stay in my ears very well,thats why im looking for the headphone type.

-----
I don't like earbuds, but I'm happy with headphones that clip over the ear. I use reading glasses, & the Koss KSC75 hasn't been a problem with glasses. They were nder $20 & I got them in 11/08. Amazon has a lot of reviews.

-----
I realize that not everyone can afford them, but nothing beats the Klipsch.com ear buds, especially the X10i which have features exclusive to Apple products. PRices range from $49 to $399. And they're worth it.

Something like 16% of people under 30 already have permanent hearing loss/damage, much of it due to bad ear buds. Because the buds don't seal up the ear canal properly, they not only don't fit, but also tend to be played far louder than is healthy, just to drown out background sounds.

All the Klipsch products form to your ear canal, which means you get better sound and lower volumes. And the sound itself is unbeatable.

-----
I use the Sony from best buy for $35.

They are similar to the apple one but last longer and sound better.

There is two styles available now but I prefer the ones that sort of hang in your ear, they don't fall out as bad.

No comments: