Sunday, February 27, 2011

Banking App

Apple iPhone - Banking App



I'm wondering if there is an app out there that will sync with Quicken (not Quickbooks)?

iPhone Apps
Apple iPhone Apps
No app that syncs with the desktop version (that i am aware of) - there is an App for Quicken Online (hosted / SaaS version).

-----
For Windows or Mac?

I use MoneyDance finance app. Its better than Quicken. Its for both Windows and Mac. It also has an iPhone app that syncs to the desktop.

The good thing is that it will easily import all of your data from Quicken in a snap. Its also cheap!

Highly recommended.

-----
PocketMoney will sync with Quicken. The main drawback is that it must be done manually. That is you have to export what you want to transfer and import it into the other app.

-----
Are you actually doing this on a regular basis and finding that it works well? I'm Googling and finding nothing but complaints. How do you get the .QIF files back to Quicken, and are you able to keep your categories etc for budgeting?

-----
My spouse is absolutely loves using Quicken. The second he uses a card, or writes a check, out comes the iPhone.

He's found a work-around for the lack of an iPhone "true" Quicken app. He uses SplashTop Remote to log into his desktop computer, launches Quicken, and just updates that way.

-----
I don't know about splashtop but I use a free remote access app called teamviewer. It works great & is free for private use. It is also very secure!

-----
It is awkward and does not always work correctly. I mostly use it to move stuff to the iPhone so that I can reference it when out and about.

-----
Does MoneyDance work with downloading files from Banks and Investment Companies like Quicken does? That's my main hesitation in switching from Quicken.

-----
Yes it does. Though I have never used it this way.

-----
I wish there was, I would buy it in an instant if it was not too expensive.

-----
Try PocketMoney, works for me from the old Palm days!

No comments: