Saturday, June 11, 2011

iPhone, Converting movie files

Since the iPhone won't play windows media files, how do you convert one to a format it will play?
Apple iPhone movieApple iPhone movie

I use Evom on the Mac, but I believe you can use Handbrake on either Mac or Windows to convert from one format to what the iPhone needs.

http://handbrake.fr/

-----

Depending on what I'm converting I either use Handbrake (larger files) or EasyWMV (smaller files)

-----

There are several DVD to iPhone rippers available on freewarefiles.com. The work really well. The only problem I have is with TV series DVD's, it rips all of the episodes into one file. But that is not too bad to deal with.

-----

Which download from freewarefiles.com do you suggest? I'm not sure which ones allow you to convert files.

-----

Freemake video converter. Does what it is supposed to do without a lot of hassle:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Freemake-Video-Converter_program_58281.html

Now for my legal disclaimer - only use it to make legal copies of movies you own.

-----

To play DivX or Xvid movies (.avi) on the iPhone the best is the CineXplayer...it can even handle .SRT dubtitles...

Just drag and drop the .avi files in to the app on the iTunes and it uploads to the iphone quickly...

To convert several type of videos files, I use Xilisoft video converter 6...works perfectly..

No comments: