Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Iphone 4 message tones

I was wondering how to change the text message tone to a simple beep. There doesn't seem to be any in the sound setting lists. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Apple iPhone ringtoneApple iPhone ringtone

In Settings > Sounds > Text Tone, you can choose from Tri-tone (the default, I think), Chime, Glass, Horn, Bell, and Electronic. No "beep", I know, but Bell is the shortest.

-----

Ios 5 has about 30 new tones in addition to those and will have a tone store in iTunes (and you can make your own as we do ring tones now)

-----

It's good to read that there will be more choice, and especially that we can make our own.

-----

I like the glass tone... it is a simple one note tone that sounds nice. I also like the chime one.

No comments: