Monday, June 20, 2011

Apple iPhone, iCloud Storage

It's announced.. The email notes that once the storage is full, iOS devices will no longer back up or save data to iCloud and mail sent to me.com email addresses will get bounced.

Users are directed to the iCloud settings on their iOS device to buy more storage. The email also notes that more storage can be purchased on a Mac or PC.

Apple iPhone icloudApple iPhone icloud

At present I'm not extremely excited about I cloud. Will it store complete backup? In other words if I'm using 8 gig on the phone will it need 8gig in the cloud and extra charges? Pockets Not deep here.

I know it won't be for the 3G which I have but I really need a 4 or 5. This 3 is just too slow for me running the 4.0 and above.

I listened to a podcast out of Canada on the 5.0 and I cloud. Sounds exciting with tons of automatic features. They said it will backup every night while charging. If so that will be cool.

At current just have reservations about Icloud and keeping all my music which Is 99% legit.

I think I heard there will be no online iTunes after June of 2012. Alot of questions in my mind.

-----

It does NOT backup content, just like iTunes does not backup content. It backs up everything iTunes does at the beginning of a sync or by the forced right click Backup - all settings, which apps are installed, any data stored from apps, etc and you can turn off any apps data that you do not want to backup. My iPhone uses 1.2GB and my iPad uses 1.6GB leaving me 2.2GB free space for e-mail and anything else I want on iCloud.

No comments: