Thursday, June 9, 2011

iTunes, Version 10.2.2 vs. 10.3 why can't I get the latest?

When I check for updates on iTunes, I get a message that says my 10.2.2 is the
latest version. Any thoughts?

Apple iPhone itunesApple iPhone itunes

Not sure, I have updated Windows XP, Windows 7, Snow Leopard and Lion DP all go to to 10.3 then 10.3.1 - you can manually download the newest version at itunes.com and install that way.

-----

I always to to the apple site and download it from there. I have 10 versions of iTunes in my download folder (time to cleand up some). The latest version is 10.3.1 that came out yesterday.

-----

I have three computers - 2 running vista and one win 7. One of the vista computers automatically alerted me to the new version. I then went to the other and checked using apple updater but it said 10.2.2 was the latest. I tried a couple more times and it "registered" and downloaded the 10.3.1. Trying the same procedure on the win 7 computer did not work. It still says 10.2.2 is current. Strange. Maybe Apple is metering out the downloads?? Or Something in windows is acting up. I will try again today but manually download if the updater doesn't work.

-----

Thanks everyone, I am downloading 10.3 to my iMac now.

-----

That happened to me too. I shut down iTunes, then went to Software Update and it downloaded the new version for me. I'm on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6

No comments: