Friday, June 3, 2011

Kindle, eReader on an iPhone

I use the Kindle Reader and have good success. You can highlight passages which is nice but the tool does take a little practice to get used to.

Does the Kindle Reader work with Voiceover?

Apple iPhoneApple iPhone

Newer models of the Kindle will "read" using a robot voice. Some books are
blocked from this be the publisher because they sold the audio separately.

-----

Sorry, probably my mistake, but I thought that because this was mentioned on an iPhone list he was talking about an iPhone Kindle app.

-----

Oh,I forgot to mention the Kindle app. I've read more than a dozen Kindle books on my iPhone. Love it, overall. Issues: some show every single soft hyphen; some put double spacing after every paragraph. I attribute these issues to clueless publishers.

On the other hand, one recent purchase (a really cute book titled All Dogs Have ADD, which I had seen in print and wanted a copy) really shocked me: the great color photos were all b&w, and the text flow lost the associations between photos and captions more than half the time. Clearly not set up for ebook (at least iPhone) presentation.

Message to ebook publishers: THINK! EDIT!

-----

Probably, but I responded because publishers block the function on some books. You need to check before buying if that's how you want to use the book.

No comments: