Saturday, June 25, 2011

Honda can't keep up with Apple, apparently..

I posted before on this. My iPhone 4 won't connect to my new Honda Insight through the USB cable, although my husband's 3GS plays fine. I have pursued this to the point that I have given up.

My husband talked with Honda and they gave the impression that they can't keep up with Apple's technology. I have also read on line that the 4 won't work through the USB cable in Cadillac but will work in Lincoln -- haven't verified this myself.

Anyway, I have given up and now play Pandora with an auxiliary cord. Sound is fine, although I do miss having the radio display the artist and name of song.

It would be lovely if Honda would figure this out and come up with a fix.

Apple iPhone hondaApple iPhone honda

I'm with you there - Acura (which is made by Honda) is t he same, I have only tried USB port it doesn't work on any iDevice I own. I use Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) and even though iOS supports it I don't get artist/song/etc either that bluetooth profile isn't supported on the stereo (2010 model year).

Even though I was raised in an Anti-Ford (Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, etc were every day mentions) - I am set on my next car being a Ford due to the Sync System - I almost bought a Ford Edge last time but stuck with Acura but the tech is just too good in Ford now so when my lease is up, I will be getting a whichever Ford SUV fits my needs and budget at the time.

-----

I doubt that Honda will make the effort, unless they get a ton of complaints.

Just on an off chance, check to see if you have some dirt in the 30-pin connector in your iPhone.

The software for the 3GS and the 4 should be the same so there is no software reason the Honda doesn't recognize the 4.

No comments: