Wednesday, March 9, 2011

iHome Radio and iPhone 3GS

Apple iPhone - iHome Radio and iPhone 3GS - No Love No Mo'



I have an iHome radio http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iP90BZ/
http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iP90BZ/ ) I use at work. I keep my iPhone plugged in all day, and listen to music or podcasts.

I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I did a system restore a couple weeks ago. I also recently upgraded to iTunes 10.x (whatever the latest version is), and somehow the radio and the iPhone are not loving each other. If I had my phone on vibrate, I could plug it on the radio, and get the double-buzz indicating it was set and locked. I could listen to my tunes, and no trouble.

Now, it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. The only way I know there is a connection is the battery indicator has the lightning bolt on it, and if the battery is down, I can see it charge up.


iPhone Radio
Apple iPhone RAdio
Two things, the double buss is not "set and lock" but "thank you for plugging me in to charge". Listen to it, it is saying "Thank you."

The other is have you inspected the 30-pin connector on the phone for pocket lint or something else blocking a few of the pins? This is starting to come up on other lists.

-----
Sorry for my word choice... but I knew the iPhone was connected by the vibration.

As for lint - I was just at an Apple store a few weeks back, and they checked the slot at the bottom and the headphone jack for lint. All was good. I used some canned air today just to see if anything was in the charging slot, then plugged the phone into the iHome radio. No vibration or anything - just the lightning bolt.

-----
Try the other end of the phone... sounds like something is making the phone think its in earphone mode. See if there's something in the earphone jack receptacle.

-----
Sound plays fine when not plugged in... and I've had headphones plugged in that work properly. So, I don't believe it's either suggestion.

I'm starting to think the phone is on its last legs. I'm not sure if I want to keep the iPhone (go for iPhone 4) or get a Droid on Verizon. Hearing lots of compelling arguments on both sides.

-----
No worries about the choice of words, some times I am just stubborn and others dense.

So the connector and the jack are not plugged, and you get sound when off the iHome, so the jack is not broken.

This is a basic, but sometimes we forget to check. Is the iHome volume turned up or on mute? Is it set to use the iPhone as the source? When I plug-in the 30-pin connector in my truck, the volume knob on the radio takes control of my 3GS's iPod.app.

I'm hoping it is something silly, rather than expensive.

-----
To get trashed emails back:1 tap arrow upper left Mailboxes 2 pull inboxes up past all inboxes to reveal Accounts with colored icons for email providers(gmail, hotmail,aol etc). Tap on icon for mail you want back. 4 the fourth line down is trash. 5 tap and trashed emails are listed. That's the place.

-----
That's great for Mail.app on a Mac, but not on a iPhone. There are no arrows and no Trash Folder.

BTW the subject line was "iHome Radio and iPhone 3GS ".

-----
I've been wondering about that. Over the last 2-3 days I've been getting a few replies obviously in the wrong threads. As this is most unusual (although people trying to start new threads just by changing the subject line is not), I wondered if Gmail was mixing up my "conversations". It appears not, so is it a problem with using the mail app on the iPhone?

-----
It's there. I can't think of any other word to describe the thing at the top left screen except it says mailbox. I'm sorry to have put my answer under the wrong topic. I just wanted to help you but I'm guess I unable explain it.

-----
Always try a reboot. Funny things happen.

No comments: