Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Retrieving Deleted E-mails

Apple iPhone - Retrieving Deleted E-mails



I was wondering if there is anyway we can retrieve deleted emails or text?

iPhone Email
Apple iPhone email
If you havent emptied your Trash on your iphone, you can find the deleted email there and move it out to your inbox.

-----
They may be still in trash folder unless you have cleared or emptied the trash folder since deleting the mail from inbox or any other folder.

-----
And on the iPhone, where are you seeing the Trash or a Trash Folder?

If the email is still on the server, you might be able to re-download it, but I don't think you can do that with text messages.

I'm waiting with baited breath to see what Mark can pull out of his sleeve. (Not saying he is wrong, just that I don't know how he plans on doing it.)

-----
Trash folders can be found by going to Mailboxes and scrolling down to Accounts, selecting the mail account (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, ...) where the messages were deleted from and then select the account and the Trash folder.

-----
In the list of mailboxes?

-----
On top left corner, touch arrow shape titled "mailboxes".
You will go to screen with list of boxes.
Trash will be third or fourth from top.

-----
on your Mac, yes, but on the iPhone, in Mail.app, you have a Trash Folder? Funny I don't.

I'm assuming that since Felicia sent the post to the group from an iPhone to the apple-iphone list, that she was talking about how to recover deleted emails on the iPhone. I hope even a newbie knows how to retrieve a deleted email from the Trash Folder on the Mac.

So now, where is this Trash Folder again, specifically on the iPhone Mail.app?

-----
I have trash folder on Iphone 4 since the very beginning. It was as per original set up. I do not know if it varies with model or OS?

-----
I tap Mail on my iPhone.

-----
Are you sure you're not using Gmail.app?

I tap on the Mail icon for Apple's Mail.app and I get a window titled Mailboxes. Below that I have two sections, one titled Inboxes and the other Accounts. Both list all my different email accounts.

I have looked in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and I see no setting that changes what I see on the first window of Mail.

OK, now I see the Trash Folders, if I use the Accounts and then look in say my "public" email account. There is the Trash. I never use the accounts, I always use the inboxes, and I almost never delete email.

-----
Tap on one of the lines in the account section of the list and you will see the folders.

-----
You are almost there. When you at the accounts section tap the provider of the email that you are

-----
Yeah, I finally found it, but it is different from the screen shot you sent me off-list. But you and the others are correct, there is a Trash Folder, just not on the top level, but back one window.

-----
You are almost there. When you are in the section for accounts tap on the icon for the email you want trash from. It opens to a page with trash fourth down. That's the place.

No comments: