Thursday, March 3, 2011

verizon vs ATT iphones

Apple iPhone - verizon vs ATT iphones



It's time to renew my AT&T iphone contract, so I am wondering how you verizon iphone users like verizon and the verizon phones. In particular how well does using the verizon iphone as a hot spot work.

iPhone ATT
Apple iPhone ATT
This is not intended to steer you away from Verizon, but -- since the level of background knowledge varies widely on the forum -- do you know:

1. That AT&T will have hot spot ($45/month for 4 GB) in a week or two.
2. Verizon's data download speeds are significantly slower than AT&T's.

-----
Not to mention that the iPhone 5 will (likely) be announced in 3 months both (again likely) both carriers.

-----
And there are serious rumors of Verizons unlimited data going away soon.


BTW, how many Verizon iPhone users do we have on this list? It doesn't sound like the doors were broken down with people switching or Verizon users switching to an iPhone.

-----
I am one of the Verizon customers that went from a HTC droid to the iPhone... I love it, the hotspot work great and has come in very handy a couple of times, the cost is 20.00 for 2Gigs..... I have the unlimited plan and have not been told anything about if it is going away or not.. on a scale of 1 to 10 I have to give the iPhone a 9 so far, it has been easy to learn and except for some issues with the iPod I have had no problems. The iPod problems is me not the phone.

-----
Someone asked how many Verizon iPhone customers were on this forum --

I am a long-time Verizon customer who now has an iPhone4. This is my first "smart phone" and I have found it extremely easy to learn and use, like all Apple products. I once borrowed a friend's Droid and did not find it at all intuitive to use, so I waited for the iPhone to come to Verizon. Now, if I could just afford an Apple computer to go with it. :(

-----
I love my Verizon IPhone4. Wouldn't be without it.

No comments: