Sunday, March 13, 2011

DropBox

Apple iPhone TutorialApple iPhone

DropBox

Does anyone have experience with DropBox on their iPhone/PC? Files saved to the 'Box' file are automatically sync between Pc and iPhone. Thoughts?

-----

I use DropBox between my iPhone, iPad, work PC, and home PCs. Works pretty well for me.

-----

I use dropbox...iPhone....mac desktops and laptop...no probs.....Yes...it synchs perfectly fine....

-----

Use it every day and I am very happy with it. Works very well.

-----

Ditto, I'm using it on my iPhone, a WIndows laptop, and a Ubuntu desktop and I find it to be a brilliant solution for syncing files.

-----

The idea sounds good but:

- you need a fast internet connection all the time

- works with smaller files otherwise it would take forever to transfer

- You have to pay if you start using a little bit more

- worst of all, what would happen if dropbox closes?

Remember, like the real thing, clouds are here now and in the next minute they are not. and that applies to all online services that keep your data and info.

-----

Of course, you keep copies of the original files. Tried it with 100+ MB files and did not have any problem.

-----

"The Cloud" is not evanescent vapor. The Cloud is thousands of tons of hardware — server farms scattered around the countryside.

-----

Jim, those are good points. However, Dropbox also stores the files on your computer. If you open up Dropbox on your computer without a network, you'll see your file. Granted, it won't be the latest if you've changed it recently elsewhere.

What are some other viable solutions? I've done the email transfer thing but definitely prefer this way. TL

-----

There's Apple's iDisk, but oddly enough it isn't as well integrated as is DropBox.

-----

I have lots of experience with dropbox on the iPhone, just not PC related. I'm a Mac head. Dropbox is great. I use it all the time. It syncs with bot my iMac and MBP and all my iDevices. I consider dropbox the best cloud app out. I've tried a few other cloud apps that are similar to dropbox but they were limited either by allowing 1 file upload at a time or the free amount of space was lower than dropbox or the monthly pricing was more. Dropbox all the way :-)

No comments: