Thursday, April 28, 2011

iOS, Apps, Application Updates

Apple iPhone iOSApple iPhoneHow long can you go before not updating your applications?

How many applications need updating?

I would think you'd want to update them whenever they become available.

-----

This depends on the application. Some make use of the developers' servers, and theoretically they may eventually stop supporting significantly older versions of their app. Other apps simply reside on your iPhone without interacting with outside data sources, but those may need updating when you upgrade to a newer version of iOS.

I update each time one of my 165 apps is revised, simply because I want the most functional version of an app. The rare glitch (from a bug-riddled revision) has not convinced me to wait longer or be more selective.

-----

Wow.
ONLY 165 apps!
I really need to trim my collection!

No comments: