Sunday, April 3, 2011

iPad iPhone - Personel hotspot not there

Apple iPhone ipadApple iPhone

I have downloaded the latest software on both ipad and iphone 4 but the personel hotspot is not there,i have iphone4 , o2 , latest sofware, looks like i will have to buynthe MiFi instead,can anyone help please !!!!

-----

On your iPhone, go to Settings. The third line down should be "Personal Hotspot". If it is not, go down to "General>About". Then go down to "Version". If it doesn't show "4.3.1", you don't have the latest firmware. I believe the personal hotspot was enabled with 4.3.

-----

Interesting. I do have the latest software but no personal hotspot setting.

-----

Under Settings > General > Network - what does it show?

-----

my phone has

enable 3g
mobile data (on or off)
mobile data network
data roaming
vpn
wifi

thats it and the version is 4.3 ( 8F190 )

-----

Restore you iPhone

------

On my iPhone with iOS 4.3.1, the Personal Hotspot is located at:

Settings> General> Network> Setup Personal Hotspot

-----

Thanks! That is where mine is, too.

-----

For me, in the US, I had to contact my carrier (AT&T) to change my data plan to one that included tethering. THEN I could change the settings on the iPhone to suit. I can't answer for how O2 do it (or IF they do it).

No comments: