Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ordering an iPad 2

Apple iPhoneApple iPhoneWhere's the best place to order the iPad 2 on the internet? I need it before June 10.

Why not get it from Apple directly. The site says it is being delivered within 1-2 weeks. This is US, not sure if you are ordering in another country.

-----

Apple online, their shipping a lot faster now that the initial rush has subsided.

-----

Another place you might try is www.MacConnection.com or perhaps www.Amazon.com. I bought from them before and they very

-----

Apple.com is down to 7-10 days.

-----

Apple online. You'll have it in 2 weeks.

-----

I ordered my iPad 2 directly from Apple on April 6. The promised delivery time was 2-3 weeks. I received notice this morning, April 26, that it is shipping from China. I don't yet have an estimated delivery date. It's unlikely they'll meet the 2-3 week promise unless they're only counting business days or something, but they should be close. I tried to buy my iPad 2 at Apple stores, Best Buy stores and even Walmart, but that was a waste of time.

-----

I ordered mine on April 4th; received notice it shipped 4/22. Went from China to Hong Kong 4/23 and has been in Hong Kong since then! Thought I would get it tomorrow but doubt I will get it before next week. :-(.

-----

The 2-3 weeks (or 1-2 weeks, etc) is their "Ships By" not delivers by - so they had 14-21 days to ship if you ordered on April 6th they had until April 27th to ship and come hell or highwater they would have shipped by midnight on the 27th. When I originally ordered mine (on launch day) it was 1-2 weeks from initial release and they shipped right before midnight on the 14th day and delivery took another week (or more) being stranded in Lantau Island, HK for several days but once it hit the US was at my door in 36 hours...

No comments: