Saturday, May 14, 2011

White phone

So I'm trying to order a new iPhone thru Apple, but they want a $36 activation fee. I think the $18 at ATT is nutsy since I paid that "one time activation fee" already. Likely more than once. Suggestions ?
-----

18 dollars is less than 36 dollars. And get used to it. We all pay it. That's the price of upgrading to a new phone. Otherwise if you don't want to pay it, don't upgrade.

-----

" one time activation fee " per phone. It's just the way it is.

-----

Yes, but often times the store will offer to waive it, or you can ask.

Not sure about after the fact.

-----

When I got my first iPhone bill, I called ATT & did get the "upgrade" fee removed -- but then, I was a *new* customer, not at all upgrading but rather jumping over from VZ.

Call ATT when you get the bill, or even sooner if you can. It can't hurt to try!

The sales staff can't do everything the service-reps can. I also had to get my phone from an ATT store since Apple didn't know anything about the Senior Plan.

-----

Senior plan?

-----

It's a voice plan for the over-65 crowd. $10 less than the least expensive "regular" plan, fewer minutes, no rollover.

I had to sign up for it in person & provide proof of age.

-----

Thanks, got a couple years to go, but it doesn't sound like it's worth $10...

-----

I was curious as well.

http://cellphones.about.com/od/attserviceplans/p/attseniorplan.htm

-----

They also have a 15% discount for veterans.

Apple iPhoneApple iPhone

No comments: