Wednesday, July 13, 2011

iPhone, AppleCare

I just received an email trying to sell me applecare for my 1 year old Iphone 4. $69. Is it worth it? I will probably buy an iphone 5 when it comes out in sept. What do you all think?

Apple iPhone warrantyApple iPhone

Personally, I would buy a SquareTrade warranty instead - http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/iphone-landing24?ccode=bs_war_vc_023:tii&cpn=WI\
ZZARD25&tii=1

-----

Don't buy it.

-----

I feel that Applecare is worth it. I have it for my iPhone 4. The only thing with SquareTrade is that you might be without a phone for a few days. With Applecare, you can bring it to the nearest Apple store and most of the time get a replacement on the spot.

-----

Last time I purchased AppleCare it was because Apple provided next day advance exchange of the phone at no charge, extended tech support, and a free battery replacement.

-----

But you will likely get a replacement on the spot at the Apple store even if you don't have AppleCare. That's my experience. And why I won't buy it.

-----

For people living overseas where there is no official apple store, how does apple care works. I am in Saudi Arabia, there is an apple representative who have earlier replaced super drive on my MBP as it was under warranty. Does any body have any experience or info re how Apple Care works in such situations or is it just USA thing

-----

As I explained in another thread, I live 100 miles away from the nearest Apples store.

And what about tech support after 90 days and battery after a year?

-----

The warranty on the iPhone 4 covers defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year. Applecare extends that to 2 years.

-----

And if you go to the Apple Store after one year they will likely still replace without a AppleCare warranty. It's worked for me several times already.

No comments: