Monday, July 11, 2011

iPhone, Email, Signature

I have an iPhone 4 running 4.3.2. Is there a way to have a signature added to each text message without retyping each time?

Apple iPhone emailApple iPhone email

Under settings > mail > signature (down towards the bottom of the screen)

-----

That's for email. The question is can the same thing be done for texts? I don't think so.

-----

That's for emails not text messages.

-----

This may be a dumb question but since my last phone prior to my iPhones was a Razr, I thought I'd ask. Don't other phones show the name of the person texting like the iPhone does? My sister-in-law always signs her name after a text but my iPhone tells me it's her. I suppose if it's someone that you don't regularly text you might need a signature but your family and friends should know it's you texting them. Right?

-----

I have been frustrated by this lack a capability, too.

-----

The iPhone only displays the name of the person texting you if they are in youraddress book.

No comments: