Monday, July 4, 2011

iPhone, Mophie juice pack plus

I got my new Mophie juice pack plus for my iPhone 4. A friend in America bought it for me and had it sent over. But after I put it on my phone, it's not charging the way it should! It starts charging then goes off on it's on, then after few minutes comes back on it's own. I don't understand what's happening! I have another like this from a different company but that works fine! Can anyone help on this?

Apple iPhone MophieApple iPhone Mophie

I just got a Mophie pack plus also, and when it is empty and I plug on my USB HUB, the computer shuts off the port, saying there is too much current drain...

Only one of my usb ports allow me to charge it from zero without shutting down.

I believe it is due to the larger battery capacity built in...and also takes forever to charge...

I have also another case/battery from another company and works without issues.

Try different ports/computers to charge it and see what happens...

-----

I just ordered the "plus". I'm planning on using the the USB wall charger to charge it. I think that should provide enough power to charge it without problems.

Has anyone else done this? And if so, how does it behave?

-----

Thanks for your response! The problem is not when charging via the USB. It's when I use the phone. Shuts off and comes on, on it's own! One minute it's charging next moment it's not. It's driving me crazy!

-----

My old one used to do that when mophie was almost dead.

-----

That worries me since I just ordered one. Have you tried their tech support yet?

http://www.mophie.com/articles.asp?id=153

-----

No I have not! Thanks I will try the tech support and see what they have to tell.

-----

I just put the USB to micro USB into my iPhone's wall plug. I take the iPhone's white cord out of the USB port and plug the Mophie cord into that.

No comments: