Monday, July 25, 2011

iPhone pay as you go

Can you use pay as you go everything for the iPhone?

Apple iPhone ATTApple iPhone

You can in the UK. I don't know about elsewhere but I don't see why not.

-----

AT&T originally had a policy of not allowing the iPhone on a pay as you go plan, although someone on this list has said that they were able to use it recently on AT&T, but would not say how.

-----

My daughter uses her iPhone prepaid here in the U.S.

-----

How is she using the iPhone a prepaid. AT&T said they would not allow it.

-----

I have no idea. She took my old 3G into a store and they told her she could do it. No she does not have a plan, she's not able to get an open account.

-----

And that is really funny, because they have repeatedly said they would not do it, and it is not something the store manager can override because it is coded into the account on the SIM card.

-----

I had pay as you go w/O2 in Germany. It was more expensive. I think the data was 15 euro a month for some limit that I had no trouble staying within, but the phone calls or texts were 15 cents each.

-----

It all depends on usage, of course. I wonder how many people pay for things they never use, or only use a fraction of?

No comments: