Saturday, July 9, 2011

iPhone, Mophie Charge

Few weeks ago I got a Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 4. The curious thing is it takes forever to charge.

I leave it charging (on USB or on the wall, does not matter) all night and in the morning the third LED still blinking.

so I have to leave charging for another 3~4 hours to get all the 4 LEDs to light...and that is not due to the extra current it provides...

I have a cheap battery case that does almost the same job (mophie gives me around 110% charge while the cheap one gives me around 95%) and gets full charge in 3 hours or so. I can leave both phone and case empty at night and in the morning both are fully charge...I was expecting that with the mophie but it is not happening.

If you have a mophie, have you noticed anything like that?



Apple iPhone mophieApple iPhone

I had the same issue with one my Juice Packs and all I had to do is contact Mophie and they sent a postage paid box to send it to them in. Within a week I had another one. Their customer service is great!

-----

Two things, I would fully charge and discharge it maybe 7-10 times to see if that helps, if it still does this then I would say it is defective, to be sure try and charge through the USB port on a computer in addition to a wall-charger or vice versa - if you are using the iPhone power brick it is rated only for the iPhone not the iPhone (1500 mAh) and a 2000mAh battery case.

I have bought the JP Air with each phone change and my the JP Air 4 had to be replaced after 8 months it was not charging, Mophie has EXCELLENT customer service and support and replaced it without question - the NEW one had an issue similar to what you mentioned (would quickly discharge and took longer to recharge than the one it replaced) but after a couple weeks it was working like the first one.

No comments: