Tuesday, March 3, 2009

e-mail software version

Iphone - email software version

I have created a gmail account in my new iPhone. In trying to figure it out, I learned the difference between IMAP and POP for incoming mail. The phone defaults to IMAP. However I want to use POP. There are instructions on the gmail site but when I try to follow them I am told to tap certain things but they are not there. The software they give instructions for are 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. Neither one works. How does one find out what email software version is on the phone and also, maybe someone has some experience with this issue??

iphone e-mail
e-mail iphone
Your iPhone is most likely on 2.2.1 or at the very least 2.0 so those instructions do not apply, they are for iPhone v1. If you want to use POP (have no idea why), you need to delete the account you have, then click 'Othher' instead of G-Mail then type pop.gmail.com in the incoming mail filed and select POP instead of IMAP on the setup screen. Username, Password, and outgoing server remain the same.

No comments: