Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cannot Get Gmail

iphone e-mail - Cannot Get Gmail
Does anyone know of any reason why I would be getting this message- "Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server "imap.gmail.com" failed.? I have been having trouble getting my mail on my phone lately due to getting this message. Any ideas?

iphone e-mail
gmail girl
You may be connected to a WiFi that is not working.

Turn off wifi and try through 3G.

-------
I don't know why, but I had the same problem. I logged into gmail on my computer using the same account I have set up on my iphone and it asked me to type in a captcha verification. I did that and it logged me in normally after that. Then my gmail account on my iPhone started working again.

-------
I have had the message come up, but it is usually intermittent, and often i am able to get to my mail seconds or minutes after getting that message. The one time that it was really persistant I got it to work again by deleting the account from my phone then creating it again.

-------
Make sure your GMail account has not somehow disabled IMAP access.

Sent while on the go, iPhone style

Also, log into your GMail account on a rehukar computer make sure it
is not locked and imap is enabled.

I've also found that if you try again moments later it works. However, if all else fails, change the password on your Gmail account (on a computer) then delete and re-set up your Gmail account on your iPhone. I had this happen and was out of business for a week or so until I found this tip on the Gmail blog.

-------

No comments: