Thursday, October 8, 2009

Windows Outlook to Windows Mail

Moving from Contacrs from Windows Outlook to Windows Mail

We are migrating our iphone from using Windows Outlook to a new computer using Windows Mail as the desktop repository for the Iphone Contact list.

1. I understand that if you just want a portion of your Windows Contacts to be on the iphone, you create a Group and point to that in Itunes sync,

2. I tried converting the Windows Outlook contact list to Windows Contacts but I did not get all the information to port over and I don't have the original Outlook file to do it again.

3. If I have an empty Contact Group in Windows Contacts, what happens the first time I sync?

-- Do my several hundered contacts on the iphone get wiped out by the empty Windoes contact group on my computer; or

-- Does my iphone contact info fill in the heretofore empty iphone contact group?

iphone email
iphone girls email
If you change the sync setting in iTunes you will be prompted with your option(s) - I believe the only one will be to replace the data on the iPhone or not. If you have a third party service such as MobileMe, Google, Yahoo, etc I think you would have the option to Merge, replace on the device, or replace on the server but if the data is either only on the iPhone or only on the computer it can only be replaced or not...

No comments: